52 Days in Mexico

My real life is only 52 days a year starting tomorrow.

Friday, June 10, 2005

Trying to Make Ourselves Comfortable

This picture reminds me of when Rosy and I slept in a traffic circle in Basel, Switzerland along with four guys from New Jersey who followed us from the train station on the German side of the border because they assumed we knew where we were going. There was absolutely no one else in the street at two o'clock in the morning except the cab driver who idled beside us for two miles trying to talk us into boarding.

I used to think Aeromexico was a high class airline because they distribute hard candy as you get on the plane, but after last summer's u-turn in mid air and last night's over-booking fiasco, I've changed my opinion of the company.

It's time to start driving my family to Mexico like Victor Arnow did twenty years ago. He told the story Tuesday night at the Counter Culture Café of going in a VW bus to see the tree climbing crabs of Mazatlan.

We're vacationing in Tempe today. We'll try once more tonight to fly across the border.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home