52 Days in Mexico

My real life is only 52 days a year starting tomorrow.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Artistic Feel

One of the best galleries in Guanajuato is La Sala de Hemenegelindo Bustos on Lascuráins. The current exhibit is Oaxacan art. I remember one sensational opening there for an exhibit of video art. The intermission piece was a giant inflatable chair spectators could sit on to watch episodes of Barney. The chair was an immense construction of plastic, tape and inflated air that didn't pop when a chilango took a dive on it from the balcony. There were some cool video pieces about a woman shaving and cars in traffic. Marcela's husband produced a video of a German Shepherd devouring a rabbit.

¨How did you know the dog would eat the bunny?" I asked him at the after hours party in Bar Ocho.

"I didn't," he said, "but I thought something might happen because the dog hadn't eaten for three days."

Sam was tending bar Monday night at the Ocho. Kent Evans is in New York, so I may not get to meet him. Chander calls the bar from Newport Beach when he gets drunk enough. I talked to Rafa from Corazón de Babel. They have a gig coming soon, and Josue has been drinking at home since he stopped working.

1 Comments:

At 9:40 PM, July 05, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Especially art that looks like boobies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home