52 Days in Mexico

My real life is only 52 days a year starting tomorrow.

Monday, June 20, 2005

Interview With an Inventor


52 Days:     Skyler Smith, you are ten years old and an inventor. In the last twenty-four hours you have invented a stick belt, a rope swing, a toy for entertaining your brother, a kite, woven jewelry and charcoal ink. To what do you attribute this incredible burst of creativity?

Skyler Smith:     Being bored.

52 Days:     Of which invention are you most proud?

Skyler Smith:     The woven necklace and bracelets I put together with just my fingers.

52 Days:     Where do you find materials for your inventions?

Skyler Smith:     On the ground lying around.

52 Days:     Which of your inventions surprised you the most?

Skyler Smith:     The pencil and ink. I took a piece of the tree that's burnt and I smashed it into dust. Then, I mixed it with water to make the ink. I sharpened a stick to make the pencil.

52 Days:     Which of your inventions do you think are the most practical to share.

Skyler Smith:     Bracelet and necklace. I already gave a necklace to Ulises' baby (Norah), Lupita, Daddy and Mommy.

52 Days:     What do you call the invention where you tied a string to a baseball cap and you yanked it away from your brother whenever he tried to grab it?

Skyler Smith:     The living hat.

52 Days:     What advice would you give to other kids your age who are interested in becoming inventors?

Skyler Smith:     Think of stuff to invent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home