52 Days in Mexico

My real life is only 52 days a year starting tomorrow.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Most Dangerous Thing

The most dangerous thing in Mexico is the coffee pot in my house, because it's an old one with no automatic shut off. The most frightening experience in Mexico is inserting my head between the toilet and the bathroom wall. I have to lie on the floor and twist my head just right to get myself in there. There is no use looking for Godzilla stomping buildings. Mexico is mundane. Each day is like any day in Phoenix except when the water heater is busted and the water has been shut off. The hoodlums have stopped bashing windows. We can park in the street now. There is nothing to do but lie in bed listening to teenagers next door firing at virtual terrorists.

2 Comments:

At 6:32 PM, June 21, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My curiosity is piqued. I can't help it. I have to ask. Why is your head between the toilet and the wall and why is it such a frightening experience? Does the answer have something to do with your level of inebriation at the time? Or has Rosy finally put you in your place?

 
At 10:32 AM, June 22, 2005, Blogger Garrett Quentin Smith said...

I was repairing the toilet with the wrong kind of tool. I had to put my head under the toilet to tighten the nut that attaches the tank to the bowl.

I have only had one night of drinking so far, but that night turned out to be quite significant.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home