52 Days in Mexico

My real life is only 52 days a year starting tomorrow.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Last Days

whatever


The last days in Guanajuato are the most difficult, because we are out of money. We have a new cyclone fence that will keep the babies from spilling into the street while they run around burning calories from the cheerios we bought with a credit card.whatever

We have begun the cycle of good-byes. To some people we only give a tentative good-bye because we might accidentally see them again before Sunday. George is meeting me Friday afternoon. I want to squeeze in more hikes for the final four days, and the short film festival begins tomorrow. (Both of these are free activities.) We haven't made our annual visit to the Diego Rivera Museum.

I have begun to miss our house in Phoenix. I'm not looking forward to the deadly heat wave, but I miss the living space. Some people wonder how the six of us find room to sleep in our Guanajuato house. The answer is, "wherever there isn't a body already". There is a double bed, a bunk bed with a double futon below and a portable crib. (I never choose to sleep in the crib myself, but it's quite comfortable for Sterling.)

1 Comments:

At 10:58 PM, July 26, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip home see ya soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home