52 Days in Mexico

My real life is only 52 days a year starting tomorrow.

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Unrealized Yearning For Out of Body Experience

Having to take steps to cross an open field can be the cause of a UYFOOBE
Maybe you have had an unrealized yearning for an out of body experience like me. It happens to me when I'm in the middle of a series of repetitive tasks like measuring three cups of water from the garrafón or pasting lines of html code into a web document. I know what's going to happen. There is no sense of mystery, no critical decision markers. The awareness that succeeding moments of my life are already determined is a prison for me. I want to jump out of my body, skip ahead or at least distract myself with a different task while my fingers perform their drudgery with blind obedience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home