52 Days in Mexico

My real life is only 52 days a year starting tomorrow.

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Partying With "Barney"

Sam is the best bartender at Bar Ocho
Barro Negro played last night in Bar Fly without the bongos, but it was funky groovy nonetheless. There were so many of us dancing in front of the band that I kept getting pushed into the saxophone player.

I ended up drinking beer with drummer Laloc, his architect brother Barney and Titi, world traveler and jewelry artisan who is proud of his Guatemalan pants. Bar Fly closes early, so we were forced into the street with our beers.

Our train moved to El Bar del Santos, but we lost Titi who peeled off at the freak bar, Los Lobos. Inside, I hooked up with Josue and other friends.

The next stop was Bar Ocho, where Sam was working as a waiter on the second floor. Barney, Laloc and I stood drinking our beer on the street in front of the bar long after closing time.

We eventually decided to go to El Divan. I found out later that the after-hours party there had lasted until six o’clock, but I left at 4:30. I had had enough beer and trance dancing by then. I swam through the crowd and said good-night to Rafa who was working the door.

Walking home, I passed Pedro, the Barro Negro guitarist who was perched on a stone monument making out with a groupie. He grinned at me when he came up for air.

1 Comments:

At 5:20 PM, October 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hola soy lupita de mexico bueno io vivi en esta cuidad y viy a regresarr dentro de un ano ahorita me encuentro en estados unidos acabando mis estudios... bueno io conosco a sam un bunisimo amigo de guanajuatooo y cuando vi su foto en esta pagina casi llorooo... bueno estaba buscando fotos en la red de guanajuato para una exposicion que voy hacer y pues me gusto demasiado tu paginaaa y pues use unas cuantas de akiii
bueno amigo ojala que estes muy bien saludos
bye

 

Post a Comment

<< Home