52 Days in Mexico

My real life is only 52 days a year starting tomorrow.

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Movies And Film

I cropped this photo. You're Welcome! One of Skyler's classmates didn't think there were movie theaters in Mexico. Actually, movies are quite popular. DVD's cost twenty pesos in front of the Mercado Hidalgo. They come on two unlabeled cd-r's. We haven't gone to see a movie in the theaters this year except for The Straight Story by David Lynch that was showing in the Teatro Principal as part of an Art House Film festival. It was the painfully slow story of an old man who drives a lawnmower and eats roadkill for six weeks on a trip to visit his brother.

The annual short film festival, Expresion en Corto, will take place in Guanajuato from July 23 through July 30. I'll be posting updates. Some of the short films last year were quite entertaining like the Central Park Screamers. Rosy and I saw three short films in El Divan two weeks ago including am MTV-inspired dancing gorilla piece. And of course you can see Batman in Guanajuato. The movie theater is located behind the University. You have to walk up eighty steps to get there.

1 Comments:

At 10:11 PM, July 11, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, Garrett, I don't fit into any of your categorical boxes. I'm not a procrastinator, I'm absentminded. For instance, I read somewhere in your blog a question about trees, and where does the material for their trunks come from, but I can't remember which day it was on. Anyway, the answer is: trees, along with most other plants, EAT LIGHT! They actually turn energy into matter. You should read ONE RIVER by Wade Davis, if you haven't read it yet. I think you'd like it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home